Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Monday Reflection for Week 6

In Monday's class this week, we heard about several different churches who are part of the "Emergent" movement (not to be confused with the Emerging churches). One church prioritizes living life in the midst of non-Christians. They live out their Christian faith distinctively and witness by responding to people's questions about why they live the way they do. In my mostly non-Christian work environment, I am convicted when I evaluate whether my own interactions have given people more of an interest in the God I serve. It's interesting how much of what we've been discussing in class has been coming up in my life outside of class. The other day I was loading up my groceries when a homeless woman approached asking me for money. When I explained I didn't have any cash, she asked if she could have some food and I shared some chicken and pop. Sometimes it is overwhelming to me to think of how I can possibly attempt community-building with my neighbors, but in this simple, quick interaction I realized how many opportunities like this cross my path each day if I'm looking for them. I also felt that as God is working on me in this area that He will bring people into my life, and it doesn't always have to involve me seeking it out...sometimes it's just being willing to do something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home