Monday, February 05, 2007

Wednesday Reflection for Week Five

I appreciated hearing more about the characteristics of the emergent church and especially the concept that people shouldn't have to cross cultures to get to God. Hearing about the Visions Church in the UK and how they've combined club culture with church culture I was very inspired to think in new ways about how to reach out to people my age who are cynical about the church. I sat down to dinner Friday night with a group of coworkers who each lead lifestyles very different from my own. I left dinner thinking how much the church can learn about community from non-believers, such as making people feel welcome and accepted and genuinely being there for someone during the hardships and difficulties of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home