Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wednesday Reflection for Week Four

Our discussion in Wednesday's class this week centered around what would justice, peace, and joy look like in our case studies. My case study is, essentially, building community in my neighborhood. I especially thought about how seeking justice would be a part of my community. Some practical steps that came to mind were advocating for better housing in my community, becoming involved in outreach to the homeless and looking at the systemic problems that contribute to the high rate of homelessnes in this area, and exploring different avenues for racial reconciliation. Genuine peace and joy seem like a natural follow-up to justice, but I can definitely see the effort and commitment that must be put forth to reach those goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home