Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wednesday Reflection for Week 1

I visited the church Mosaic today, and Erwin McManus shared that one of the church’s core values is “Relevance to culture is not optional.” I am looking forward to exploring cultural relevance in churches more during the course of our class and looking at ways that I can be more relevant in my own ministry while being respectful of church history and tradition. There have been times when I have really responded to a church service that was very culturally relevant and then felt partially guilty because it was so different from my previous definition of what church should look like. Also, as I consider serving in a cross-cultural context, the idea of being culturally relevant in a culture that is not my own seems like a somewhat difficult, yet highly necessary task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home