Monday, January 22, 2007

Wednesday Reflection for Week Three

In Wednesday's class this week, our small groups talked about what the kingdom of God looks like in our churches, society, and in our own spheres. At first, I struggled to answer this question, because I was a bit confused on how to define kingdom of God, but our class discussion helped to clarify this. It was fascinating to hear about churches who are kingdom-like in areas such as hospitality. Within my own case study of building community in my neighborhood, I can see the kingdom of God being expressed in my apartment building by the relationships of this diverse group of people. Our building is made up of singles, couples without children, and families. We have several Korean families along with people from all over the United States. Through our friendships and connections with one another, we can demonstrate the kingdom of God to those around us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home