Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Monday Reflection for Week Five

I missed Monday's class for two reasons: I was not feeling and I had received upsetting news from a friend back in Chicago. It struck me while I was bemoaning the fact I could not be there in person to comfort my friend during this difficult time that so much of being in community involves being present with people and living life together. An email or a phone call or a text message or whatever else are just not enough. I also had the opportunity to hear the testimonies of two men whose lives were impacted by Innerchange, a holistic ministry in the Pico-Union district of Los Angeles. One man named Willy shared how John, who works for Innerchange, had done everything from helping him push a car that wouldn't start to picking him up when he was released from prison and even saving his life. As I look at doing ministry in my neighborhood, I can see the powerful impact of walking beside someone in life's journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home